Saturday, November 26, 2011

Jackpot Cupcakes!


Tah-Dah!!!!!!


Gracie's Yellow Birthday Cake with Chocolate Frosting
This recipe probably makes one layer of cake.
I used my mini-muffin pan and made baby cakes. This recipe made two dozen exactly.

Preheat to 350
Prepare the pan.

Cake ingredients:
1 egg, room temperature
1 stick of softened butter
1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw CUP by CUP (not those little packets)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk to moisten, at the end

1 cup AP flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking POWDER
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl combine honey, syrup, butter until smooth. Add Stevia, combine (will be a funny texture). Add egg and vanilla and combine.

In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder

Add dry to wet and then add the milk to stir. (I actually did not measure the milk. But the batter was NOT batter. It was like dough, so i added the milk to make it batter. I'm guessing on the amount. You know what cake batter should look like...but not too thin.)

I baked these babies for about 12 minutes. Did the toothpick test. They were so beautiful with little domes on them. I was so proud. No one looked like they were afraid to come out of the oven. Everyone was so perky and proud!

I let them cool in the pan for maybe a minute before moving them to a cooling rack.

They cooled fully before I frosted them with:
Chocolate Frosting
1 stick of softened butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla (did I use that much? Perhaps not.)
4 Tablespoons of cocoa
2 Tablespoons of Honey and 100% Pure Maple syrup EACH


Whipped it up and made it so nice. Rod ate a bunch. I ate a bunch. Gracie at one or two. The cakes were so good, we ate a couple WITHOUT frosting.

I let them sit on the counter while I watched this real weird but beautiful movie called Tree of Life. Maybe two hours. Then I frosted the rest of them. They were even a bit crunchy on the outside. (UN-HEARD of in my God-sugar baking realm. I think that this Stevia, Honey, Maple Syrup mix is the absolute JACKPOT for baking God-sweetened goods!)

I'm so excited about this. I asked Gracie if she wanted these little cupcakes for her birthday. "No. not cupcakes. Birthday cake...with layers. And I like this chocolate frosting. It's good. Make this one."

Jesus says, "Come to Me all you who labor and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment